Swollen uterus and other symptoms

I am concerned about a doctor's visit I had today. Lately I've noticed all sort of things happening to my body that could be related to hormones or pregnancy and I'm confused what could be causing this. I am currently on yaz for birth control and have been since october and have had breast tenderness as a side effect but nothing more. Now my nails are growing faster, I feel slightly queasy, I feel pressure in my stomach that is not from my bladder or gas, my breasts are very sore, my face broke out and recently my discharge went from normal (dry acutally) to a lot of clear and sticky with no odor. saw my gyne today and he did an exam and said my uterus is swollen. He is sending me for a blood test for pregnancy. So my question is, if I'm not pregnant, what could be causing all of this including the swollen uterus? If it is an infection of some sort, wouldn't there be an odor? Its not PMS, either, I'm in the middle of my pack.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I wouldn't freak out too bad until you get your test results back, but honestly the S/S you mentioned sounds me of quite a few things. PID is one of them, if you discharge has a fishy smell (this isn't always the case) you may have it. Also, some STDS cause your uterus to swell, if you had a pap though you will know if you do or don't. Also, not every infection causes an odor! I hope this helps some, and I'm bumping this for you! I'm just a nursing student, I'm sure there is a MD or nurse who can help me more than me!
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thanks supermama. I don't have any STD's, my boyfriend is clean and he is the only one I'd be getting them from :) The discharge has no fishy odor at all, and my gynecologist didn't think it was any type of infection. Looking at all the horrible things the swelling could be from, I'm actually hoping its pregnancy at this point!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011