Potty mouth!

I have Accidentally slipped up and said the "bitch" word a few times. Well now my 2.5 yo has picked it up. When she's mad, when we play sometimes, just randomly. She says it about once every other day. What to do to get her to stop? I dobr want to draw too much attention to it because she'll know it's bad but at the same time I don't know if she'll ever stop. What to do?

I know I should watch my mouth, I'm an adult so I don't need to be lectured or bashed but I'm sure there will be a few. I realize it's my fault so now I want to fix it, thanks

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 8:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• my youngest devloped a bit of a potty mouth for a while. i told her that they are words that grownups say, and that they are not polite to use all the time. when she says shit for no reason, i remind her. when she says shit for stubbing her toe, i don't say much. :) yeah i know bad me. :) now she does not use them very much, i think because we react so little to it.
    amy585

Answer by amy585 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• This is When I don't know what to do, just now I got mad at her for doing something and she slumped on the floor and said "BITCH!" my reaction was to slap her hand and tell her to not say it again but then I realize I just drew major attention to the word. I'm so confused on how to fix this
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011