How do you look up legitimate foreclosed houses in your area??

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Call your local county auditors office, they will have a list of sheriff's sales and foreclosures. I got a list from ours.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You can also look at homepath.com for Fannie Mae foreclosures. HUD foreclosures are listed at http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/homes_for_sale. homesteps.com for Freddie Mac foreclosures. You can search your area on all of the sites.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• MLM Listings, most realtors let you have full access! Usually it is all sales. sales, short sales, and foreclosures... local court house has them first though
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Im not sure!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Realtors have access to lists. I stopped by a local real estate office and asked for a list of homes for sale (and it included foreclosures and short sales) that were under $80k and she printed up a list for me that was several pages long.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• No, because we're not planning to move.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Sorry, I read the question wrong, thought you were asking IF we did. The foreclosure sales are actually listed in our paper, or a realtor can tell you.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:47 AM on Jul. 5, 2011