How healthily do you and your family normally eat?

Its not my blog, but this is how we *try* to do it...not to say that we always succeed...

thalassa

Asked by thalassa at 8:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Health

• my DH and I take turns preparing well-balanced meals usually consisting of veggies, meat/proteins (beans), and a starch (potatoes, pasta). we try to keep variety going. sometimes I get lazy once a week and order pizza, but that's about it.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 9:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We try, but it's definitely not always easy with 3 picky kids and a picky DH. lol So I'll say maybe 70% of the time we're eating fairly healthy foods.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• ~*OFTEN*~... but that is because we can afford to? Way back when I remember eating TopRamen (before kids)... Hahaha

But unless we are far from home, like last beach trip, we eat really healthy! Tonight was a salad, with grilled chicken, almond slivers, and so forth (and made at home so the veggies like brocoli and so forth are fresh).

We do not do canned stuff unless it is like Cream of Chicken for a bigger recipie?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Almost always. Now and then we will order a pizza. But none of us can handle a burger from McDonalds anymore. We get stomach pains from it. What does that tell you.? Its better for you and if you plan your dinner correctly, its not that expensive. I frequent the local produce stands because they are cheaper and less likely to be old so they last longer. Taste better too. Zuchinni on the grill, brushed with sea salt and olive oil is great. Or egg plant with sea salt and olive oil. We look forward to dinner from the grill. Less messy and cheap.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 5:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I don't do as good as I would like for reasons such as laziness, working outside our home, cost of fresh foods.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2011