would you be a surrogate mother?

rosepetalluv

Asked by rosepetalluv at 4:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• lol, I just asked this question too...I'll go delete mine =P
    Anonymous

• I actually would. I have a best friend that may need me to be a surrogate for her and her husband and I am all aboard for it.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 5:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• what does your SO think about this?
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 5:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No! I really dislike being pregnant, the only thing that makes me happy during my pregnancy is caring for my child, and the outcome. I am having this one and that is it.

My younger sister on the other hand who had three children by the age of 21 loved being pregnant. She even held off her tubal ligation until I was able to get pregnant on my own (I am 31 and expecting my first)

She was willing to surrogate or even give eggs if need be! Even though I would not be a great surrogate mother, I know that there are people out there willing to do one of the most selfless acts out there.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i would do it but only for someone i really knew. I dont know that i would wana do it for a stranger. I dont like being pregnant but i would carry a child for someone if they wanted or needed me to. there is no greater gift out there but a child.
    Id donate my eggs though for strangers.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• No, Sorry but I don't like being pregnant. It could be I had a lot of complications in my first pregnancy but I don't even think I want to have a pregnancy # 2 for myself let alone for someone else.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I would have done it for a close friend or relative if they needed it and it was possible. Luckily no one did need me because I wouldn't have been been a good candidate due to my own fertility issues.
    Anonymous

• yes i would it would mine a lot to me to be able to give birth for a couple who could not
    Anonymous

• Nope...I wouldnt put myself through that.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yes, actually I'm planning on pursuing it next year sometime. I think it's a wonderful way of giving back to someone who can't carry a child, and luckily I had an easy pregnancy first time around and am repeating that performance so far with the second pregnancy. Of course my husband is fully supportive, otherwise I wouldn't dream of it.
    RCrohn

Answer by RCrohn at 6:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2008