What is this???

I am about 7 weeks pregnant and today I had my first sonogram, of course I was all excited expecting to see my little blueberry for the first time. I felt it would be a great birthday gift since is my birthday also. When the doctor did the sonogram he couldn't locate a fetus. Everything else is there the yolk sack, and water sack but no baby, he rescheduled me for another sonogram in a week to see if he sees something then, but he said he doubts it. If he doesn't find the baby he is going to schedule me for a suction to have the pregnancy remove. My doctor was trying to explain to me that what I have is something called a "blind side pregnancy" where the fetus never really developed but everything else is there ready and functional. Has anyone ever heard of this??? Or has this ever happened to any of you???
I am devastated over this and I am trying to understand what when wrong...
Thank You

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 9:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• :(  that is crazy!! ss mama!!

MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Sorry is called a Blighted Ovum...
    GodPRKitty

Comment by GodPRKitty (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Look like this?

This was my oldest son at 6 weeks.  You're probably just not quite as far along as you think you are, I wouldn't stress over it.

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'm so sorry! I hope they are wrong!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Whatever you do, don't let this guy suction ANYTHING until you get many more opinions. He didn't even suggest you might not be as far along as you thought? You know what happens if he suctions and you are actually pregnant... You lose your baby. I'd see another dr FOR SURE! Good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Definatly GET MORE opinions... I hope Everything Works Out Dont let This Guy Do Anything like suctioning Possibly Try another ultrasound clinic if you can..
    Nicole_Anne

Answer by Nicole_Anne at 10:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• When I got pregnant after my daughter, they did an ultrasound and they couldnt find a fetus so they scheduled me for another one a week later and nothing changed. I opted to miscarry naturally just in case they were wrong. It took 5 months to miscarry and they did blood work every week to make sure my levels were dropping. It was very painful physically. I would see if they could wait a few more weeks to do a 3rd ultrasound and blood work to see where you levels are at just to be sure before you do the whole suction thing. I know how you feel and it is devestating. I'm sorry that you have to go through this. I wish you the best.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Dont stress over it for now, go in next week and see. If they still cant find anything, get more opinions. And if you end up going to another doctor, call your insurance and let them know what is going on and that you need second opinions, so they pay for another sonogram, because most insurance plans only pay for 1-2 per pregnancy unless medically necessary, and your second ob wont notify them that it is medically necessary before they bill your insurance. So its better to let your insurance know before you are going in to a second doctor. If you have medicaid, call your case worker to let them know
    good luck hon
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yeah i agree get more opinions before you have anything done at all.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2011