Mackenzie is having surgery on Tuesday morning.......

Lil miss mackenzie is having surgery tuesday at 9am. They are putting a shunt on the right side of her head. its to drain some of the fluids that are in her head. it will be permanent, and hopefully help her not cry so much. her CT scan showed that there was lots and we knew that since day one. I will be staying at the Ronald McDonald house once again if there is a room available. My son will be with me this time, but its only for a night or two.
He daddy cant be there and hes so mad. starting a new job that same day and if he doesnt go then , well he might not have one. its hard to talk about it to him cause A. His grandmother passed last night and B his baby is having surgery on her head. hes like a zombie the poor guy... i want him with me but it wont happen .... Mackenzie will hopefully benefit from this. poor little girl. I dont know how to react. I wanna be upset but is there really a point?? as long as she comes out ok im happy. cause this is the least of our worries with her and the future.

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 9:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hugsfingers crossed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My son had the same thing done on his 6th birthday. I have never met or talked to another person who has had this done. If you want info just message me. I can show you the pics of my son after surgery. I wish her all the luck in the world...and you too. Its terrifying.
    sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Good luck to you and your baby!! I have been following your posts and i wish your family the best of luck and all my thoughts will be with your baby girl and hopefully they will let your dh out of work a bit early to go see you guys at the hospital.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• wish you all luck. I know hard but hang in there. It will be over before you know it. I know your husband can not be there but you will be there and all that matters is that everything goes well. So take deep breaths and one day at a time and you all will make it though just fine. Write anytime since you should not have to be alone and feel like the world is on your shoulders.Take care.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Good luck to you!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thank you for all your kind words... its very appreciated and yes sparkles it is terrifying Im not thinking about it to much at the moment, just telling myself all will be fine :)
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 9:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2011