How do I get Cherry Kool-Aid out of my carpet?

I was cleaning my daughter's room and when I moved her Pooh area rug there was an awesome pink stain under it! I've heard that you are unable to remove stains, but I have also heard a lot more that you can. It takes forever, but is possible. I read online about a warm iron and wet cloth, has anyone tried this method? If so, how long did it take you? TIA!

supermama86

Asked by supermama86 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'd try peroxide.....
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If you go to PetsMart they have a spray called Urine Gone. It's an As Seen On TV product and it's for removing pet stains but it's very good for getting out all kinds of stains. When I a teenager, I spilled Root Beer on my mother's new white carpet and I thought for sure I would be killed but I used that stuff and she never even found out.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I agree with peroxide, if that doesn't work, get out laquer thinner- wear gloves, carefully saturate and area of a rag towet, and see if it lifts the stain.... Good luck. If neither of those work, then the fibers of the carpet have bonded with the stain. At that point there is still hope. What you will need to do is to add color over the stain to match your carpet. Take a picture with camera or phone of the carpet. bring visual aide to store and get the closest matching spray paint you can find. Spray paint into lid and work with a small brush into carpet. If the color just doesn't work, you can remove the paint from carpet with laquer thinner and mix additional colors or shades to make it match... Good Luck... If you do find a perfect match you can spray directly on the spot and let dry......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• That's a good one! Thank you.
    supermama86

Comment by supermama86 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thank you ladies!
    supermama86

Comment by supermama86 (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The warm iron and wet cloth trick works well!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• vinger...put some on it and wait a bit. than wash down it down gently w a soft rag...good luck!!!
    dancingthrulife

Answer by dancingthrulife at 1:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Have you tried a carpet cleaner?
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I've never found anything that will remove red koolaid. good luck!
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh no! I'm not sure, but good luck. Maybe a paste of Oxi Clean.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011