peppermint bark in white chocolate ???

My grandmother was given a small baggie of this wonderful peppermint bark. We've now decided to make it but can't find a recipe that looks right. The bark she has is red and green crunchy candy in white chocolate. It has a very smooth taste to it, not like the peppermint rounds or candy canes were just crushed and tossed in. I've looked all over the net and can't find one that is something other than crushing the rounds or candy canes.

Any ideas what these green and red candies are?

jms124

Asked by jms124 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Food & Drink

• they are probably candy canes but when i make mine i put them in my blender and really crush them so that they are really fine.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Maybe the candies were some kind of smooth mint? Have you tried Bob's peppermint sticks? They are soft peppermint rather than the hard clear candy canes. We love Bob's b/c these are the old fashioned candy cane sticks that my dad grew up with (the kind you can stick into an orange and suck the juice thru.) When we find Bob's we buy up a bunch, and I found them at Walmart for 88 cents last week.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2008