Un-pleasant mothers :I

I can't help but ask if everyone else feels the same as I do. I'll seldomly post questions or responses and Im hardly ever rude, arrogant or just plain mean about anything. But, very often, I tend to attract all of the nasty women on this site and they like to tell me like it is and in a very indiscreet way :/ I am a grown woman...I thought we all were. Is it really necessary to write to others telling them that they dont know how to raise their children and their decisions are wrong concerning their children when I'm simply asking for harmless advice? Really, I'm not your sister, or your child or simply that lady who flicked you off in her vehicle. If your going to talk to me with O respect...then please...see your self to another website and go blog somewhere else!--feelin better already <=)

Burt929

Asked by Burt929 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Agreed. Lately I feel like I can hardly post or respond without being picked apart!

If I wanted someone to treat me like an idiot, I'd go visit my 8th grade language arts teacher (she was terrible!).

Oh well. I've been doing a lot of response posts of my knee jerk reactions to comments towards me and then quickly deleting them and replacing them w more appropriate and less crazy sounding responses:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• good

GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I usually only give advice only when asked and I'm at least tactful about it. I've gotten people who have given me nasty comments as well. Just ignore them. Some people just feel the need to tear others down.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• LOL, bloomsr, I sometimes write exactly what I'd like to say to he post or in response to a reply, but then I re-read it and re-write it more diplomatically before I actually post it. :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• woohoo 

I agree... or because they have a screwed up marriage, out of control kids, or the life the never wanted... NOT MY FUALT?!?! I got a ton of thumbs down yesterday because some chick complained about her friend on FaceBook that has a better life than her actually posting her great life? Bad enough she was stabbing her so called friend in the back while trashing her on CM, but than has her groupies with equally bad lives dishing against those here that have hubby's and families worth lifting up instead of bashing them? Why bother being married if your hubby is that bad... no need to put others down on here because your life sux

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You are absolutely right! Lately there seems to be many unpleasant women on and especially today! There have always been some but the last year seems to have the worst for negative responses. But there are at least pleasant ladies who see this as well :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• "for out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks" Don't take it personal, you can be better then it
    brazilianmumsy

Answer by brazilianmumsy at 11:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I tend to attract the worst kind of people on here too. I've left multiple groups on here because I couldn't take the attacks. You should see the fight I got into on the kids health group or the babies group or the pregnancy group or my due date club
    Ok I'm a little bit of an argumenative person and I take full responsibility for that but some people accuse people of child abuse for the smallest things.
    Anybody else notice that the meanest attacks on here tend to be posted anonymously. I know obvious but really it's like hitting some sort of I can be an ass button.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I totally agree with you 100%. nasty and rude is alot of what cafemom can be about. especially in the debate section. oh and when you get into the really hot topics like breastfeeding, daycare, rearfacing carseat and my all time favorite vaccinations. but people can be nasty about the littliest things. may its their time of the month. lol i like watching really nasty discussiong that i am not involved in. those are always fun. lol
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I think if u ask a question, especially on a site like this where there are a thousand different personalities, you have to be prepared to handle the fact that you are not going to hear the answers you necessarily want to hear! But! I also think that if someone wants to disagree with u or give their opinion they can express that opinion in a curtious adult fashion, keeping in mind that not all parents do and think alike, also just because one parent does not do exactly how you do does not make them wrong, everyone handles things differently! Some people have sour bitter lives and feel the need to pour their sourness onto others.... Misery loves company!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2011