I feel dumb asking this butt...how do I know if im pregnant when I dont EVER get my period??

I have mirena in and have for two years. Ive had issues with it bothering me but dr said its in normal . Anyway for about a month or so now ive been really tired and nauseas. I missed work twice for vomiting but had no other symptoms. Idk if my nausea is because of my poor eating habits ( I work weird hrs where I dont always have time to eat normal) just this past week my breasts have been hurting at first I thought it was pain on my chest muscles from a work out buttoday my right one is tingly.

So if I dont ever get a period...how would I know if I am pregnant? I know to take a test but how would I know WHEN TO TAKE ONE OR When to get a blood test done???

I hope im not pregnant I have goals I want to reach right now firat, and one is enough right now..which is why I have n iud in the first place. Any advice about how I should work out to take a test or if this situation has occured to u, what did u do? Thanks a lot :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure but here's a bump for you. OAN, It's not healthy to never get your period, have you talked to your doctor about that?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Just take a home test regularly. Like take one once a month or something.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 9:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You should get and read Taking Charge Of Your Fertility, I think you can get a used copy for about $5 shipped on Amazon.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Call your doc and let them know that you are concerned..they can check things out and test you. You can always test yourself too, since you really would not know how far you are.
    KyMom24

Answer by KyMom24 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• tender breasts, nausea, fatigue those are a few signs. I'd say take a test just to be sure.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Because of the IUD, if you are pregnant it is not likely to be a viable pregnancy - you may have to terminate. I have serious ethical problems with the whole idea of an IUD because it allows conception to happen any time you ovulate but causes a spontaneous abortion. I don't know how you feel about it, but maybe consider trying a different method of contraception? especially if you have strong feelings about termination of a pregnancy.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• damn this is an easy one.. ASK YOUR DOCTOR!!!!! Reason being, if you are pregnant and dont know it. you can harm yourself and loose the baby.
    Anonymous

• My dr said it was normal to not get it with mirena. I hate mirena and would love it out but I dont want to get pg right now. Does what I explained above sound like I possible could be? Even with bc???
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• She does NOT have to terminate the pregnancy if she is.. they will take the iud out asap!
    Anonymous

• I thought itd be easy also aon but not having mediv. al insurance makes it difficult
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2011