Stare-Worthy?

I have a girlfriend and when me and my daughter and her go out people act like we have purple horns sticking out of stomachs. so I ask. whats the big deal???!!!

Idahwalker1

Asked by Idahwalker1 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I don't know. I don't care what other people are doing unless it involves yelling at or abusing their children. I'm always out alone w my 2 kids and I feel like people give me crazy looks all the time... I wish people could mind their own damn business and get on with their lives!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am assuming by girlfriend, you are referring to her being your SO not a friend that is a girl, right? If that is the case I see 3 reasons why they may stare. A, they are not used to seeing a homosexual couple. B. they are against homosexual couples, and homosexual couples with kids, or C. they think your a cute couple and your family is adorable....

Just three options I see there. Just smile, and move on with your day. Think positively, focus on what is positive about your life, and you'll notice the negative looks less and less.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 10:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You live in a small Georgia town that is not use to "different" things. Be proud and just ignore their stares.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• How would they know that you're not just friends? You must be showing some kind of PDA, which some people have problems with....hetero or homo.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• well, people stare about everything that is out of the ordinary. I went to the supermarket the other day and my dd didn;t want to get into the cart and i got so many stares. so don;t worry about it. i would say something like do i know you if you get someone staring next time. that would make them uncomfortable and have to come up with something to tell you. don;t worry just look back and smile.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Who cares what they think? You've got every right to be there as they do!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• who cares what they think?? my husband and i get stares too i'm white, he is black and 21 years older than me. i don't get what the big deal is either. you have the right too date who ever you want!!!
    ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I try not to stare at anyone, I am sorry you are going through this,
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Wear the purple horns.... you'll get less stares :)
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 7, 2011