How do I convince myself that it was just a bad nightmare??

I had a horrible nightmare last night that I left my 2 year old son alone in a hotel room while I went and partied. I was heading back to the hotel room after my partying was over and my mother in law and a friend were in a hallway with my son. They said that the guests in the next room heard him screaming and crying and called the hotel office who found my son alone. He had been there for hours by himself. Then before my dream was over, my husband came into the dream too and was disgusted with me. I can't shake this stupid nightmare. It felt so real (NO I would NEVER leave my son EVER alone) BUT it has ruined my day. What am I supposed to do to get my mind off of this? I have been holding my son a little more than usual today and I'd be snuggled up with my husband too if he were home.

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Health

• Stop beating yourself up! There are so many heart breaking news stories out there that it is hard not to have one infiltrate your dreams every now and again. You are a wonderful mom who would never do something like that to your son! Be thankful you have him to hold, take a relaxing bath and hopefully you'll have much less disturbing dreams tonight.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I've had some crazy, scary nightmares as well...I hate when that happens. Just take a deep breath and exhale.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I think this stemmed from that Casey Anthony girl. I am not a partier but wow was I one in this nightmare!
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I've been there too. I dreamt that someone had broken in and kidnapped my daughter and I slept thru the whole thing. It was horrible and for weeks, I would check her room thru the night to see if the was still there and safe.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Have you done something lately that maybe you felt bad about or were ashamed of? Sometimes within a split second something happens in our real life or we think something, see something, and it can spring up these kinds of dreams.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Do you watch Law and Order:SVU? Sounds like an episode I watched one time!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Forget about it. Its just a dream. We can learn from our dreams. So don't leave your kid in a hotel unattended and don't run off with known druggies and party.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 3:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2011