Help me find a good home for him please!

I was told by the landlord I can't keep my dog and live here. I can't afford anything else! Some one want to take a white pit bull??? He's very sweet and plays nice with my 2 yo.
I am so sad right now, I don't want him in a shelter, but it may come to that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pets

• Bloomsr, They have a pet section that you can place your ad in. Craiglist will only delete it if you have too high of a rehoming fee.

OP- I would also try the Humane Society and http://www.petfinder.com/index.html

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• A pet can be placed on Craigs List as FREE TO GOOD HOME... it are the few people that breed trying to sell those they bred voting them to be deleted

I personally do not currently have a dog or cat, and like we've explained to the kids, it would be unfair to the animal... so we have hamsters... but I do cruide CL and see what people are up to

But if you explain and state why it is "Free to a Good home" most people are understanding and will not bother you... unfortunately anytime something become popular the trash follows...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Look around for a pitt bull resuce shelter, we have them all around north carolina..they take in pitt bulls and found them new homes..what ever you do PLEASE dont put a add on craigslist..pitt bull fighters will want him and either train him to fight or he will be used as bait for the fighter dogs..
    lovebeingmrs

Answer by lovebeingmrs at 10:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• CraigsList? PennySaver posts free pet ads to if not a breeder
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thank you! going there now!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We don't have a pennysaver here :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Cruise...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• We have two shelters and that's it. unless I drive 4 hours away..... I just got off the phone with the shelter near my home and they said that as long as his shots are up to date they would find him a home and not kill him! The lady was so nice and understanding, I feel so much better.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thank you all for the help and the care. I told DH that I won't get any more pets until we BUY a home and are able to care for them the best way possible. Pets need stability too!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I would lovee to help youuu (:
    mommee340

Answer by mommee340 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 3, 2011