how do you deal with you 2 or 3 year old and the BIG attitude that comes along with them?

Emily11282

Asked by Emily11282 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let them know who the parent is.Be consistent with discipline. Give in even one time, and the next time it will be easier for them to talk back to you, so don't give in. Consistency is the key!!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my girl has a MASSIVE attitude, if she takes it too far, like trying to tell me what to do (And she has on multiple occasions) she does that and I'll tap her lips. I won't SMACK her but I'll just tap her mouth. she's gotten the point that both me and DH won't take the attitude. I have a very good relationship with my DD but I will not take attitude from a 3 year old.
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 1:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I say be consistent with whatever type of discipline that you use. For me sometimes I think that it is so cool that my little girl has her own opinion, and gets frustrated and just doesn't like something. I have been trying to show her other ways to vent, instead of stomping the feet, yelling, or crying. I think they are old enough now to understand a different direction. Ya know? Take it all with a light heart...it won't last forever!
    smcelroy

Answer by smcelroy at 2:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Make sure they know who the parent is by following through with your discipline (what ever you use), just be very consistant!
    Strssdmom72

Answer by Strssdmom72 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Landon is 3, he tries to do everything himself but other than that he is doing pretty well.
    Lindsay21488

Answer by Lindsay21488 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If time outs aren't working anymore (and often they don't) then start to take away favorite things, whether it's a toy, an activity, a playdate, etc., kids HATE that...but if you threaten your child with it, be prepared to follow thru or you will really have lost the battle. Good luck
    grandmalinda707

Answer by grandmalinda707 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2009

• The answer is this: spanking and time-outs. I honestly don't know why some parents are afraind to hit their childs booties and hands sometimes. You don't do it that way they are bruised. Just a little sting. Also, take stuff away from them. Never give in. DON'T LET THEM WALK OVER YOU AND LOOK STRICT! They will then take you seriously.
    fabulous.girls

Answer by fabulous.girls at 6:53 AM on Nov. 17, 2009