Homemade febreeze type solution?

I have no money to spend but was wondering if yall know of something I could use from around the house as a fresh smelling spray?

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Home & Garden

• This is what I use:
    Add about a tablespoon of baking soda to the bottom of a large spray bottle. Pour in approximately 3/4 cup to 1c of white vinegar. Shake this up until the baking soda is mostly dissolved. Pour in HOT water (to dissolve the rest of the baking soda and dilute the mix). Then put in 10-15 drops of the essential oil you like. Shake. You can use it hot as well as using it once it has cooled down. If you go to use it and see any baking soda, just shake it before you spray.

It works *really well*
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You will need an empty plastic spray bottle, one box of baking soda, warm water, and a few drops of essential oil in your choice of fragrance. First pour one cup of baking soda into your spray bottle. Then fill the bottle with warm water to dissolve the baking soda. Add ten to twelve drops of essential oil. Then close your spray bottle and shake it well to mix thoroughly. You have just made your own Febreze spray.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Try this: 1 cup fabric softner, 1 cup white vinegar, 2 cups water. Let me know if this is good. I just googled it.
    bethiepaige

Answer by bethiepaige at 12:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• When I couldn't afford lots of sprays, I just cleaned with bleach or pinesol... Love the smells of those.. Clean..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Sometimes when it's to hard to mix all the above ingredients I use a bottle full of hot water and some liquid fabric softner or some warm water and pinesol or lemon scented cleaner..
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• VBruno & Mama Pyratekk, where do you get the oil and what fragrance/ scent do you like?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2008