Are you going to or do you now use a bumper for the crib?

???

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a breathable bumper. It is mesh and even if their nose is smashed up against it, they can breathe thru it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Actually, attap, since "back to sleep" has been in effect, the SIDS rate has dramatically decreased. So it is safer for them to lay on their backs.

Anyway, I am going to use one, but a breatheable one.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My son has a bumper in his crib =-)
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 10:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I plan to use one. my DD is still in her bassinet and is quickly outgrowing it so it's time for the crib. when in her bassinet she likes to grab at the sides, so I'm thinking having one is a good idea. plus I don't want her to try to put her head through it. with her enthusiasm she just might. lol
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My daughter usually has a bumper in her crib, it isn't in there right now because it is still packed in a box, but I am thinking we need to start using it again. She moves around soo much at night and during nap time that she has been hitting her head on the crib.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• No way! I don't think they are safe.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• yes everyone in my family has used one an it haasnt hurt nobody an havent heard of it hurting anyone
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 11:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Like Jademom07, I use a breathable bumper.
    MommyCatalina

Answer by MommyCatalina at 12:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I did with all 4 of mine. Us older women did a lot of things they deem "unsafe" now. Not that it is, but it sure gets young moms to depend on their doctors and government more thinking that they are trying to "save" their children. Like SIDS. More babies dies on their bellies because almost all babies were laying on their bellies in my day. There is just as many now and they are laying on their backs. It's a matter of statistics. By a couple of weeks old, your baby can turn their head, but they cannot roll, so there is no way to get in the bumper. If your baby is old enough to roll into the bumper, their brains will also have them move their faces. This only happens because there is something else going on with the brain.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I used a bumper with both boys and they are fine. :)
    TXmamaTo2

Answer by TXmamaTo2 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011