What to do?

I need to make a decision on what to do I got laid off a year ago and ever since I started school and I am able to get more involved with my kids activities the only thing is I help out with my unemployment towards some bills and my husband handles the other major bills but he is stressing his money is not stretching for enough I am thinking about going back into the work force to help out more and remove some stress but I have grown to like the at home wife thing and so does he what should I do.

mizzcjlj4

Asked by mizzcjlj4 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• Cut out your unnecessary expenses. Do you have cable? subscription to magazines? cut the eating-out, movies, shopping by 50%, buy generic. The formula is simple. If your earning went down, and you still want to keep the stay-home-wife thing, you must cut the expenses down by the same %, if not more.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• How about a part time job while the kids are in school... it will help, but then you are still around when the kids need you.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I think the part time job would be a great option!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Or you could combine these ideas, cut down on expenses, eat at home, buy generic and get a part time job (even babysitting) to help with the money. I have been a stay at home mom for 17 years, I have enjoyed every minute, no one to ask for time off when one of my kids have an event at school, spur of the moment trips to the pool, etc, are possible, and most men like coming home to find supper ready and their wife (fairly) relaxed. Mommy is a job in itself, and being able to give your all even if you have to make material sacrifices is so worth it!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i am about to have my second LO and when this little one arrives , i believe that i will be quiting my job and findign a part time waitressing job, until i can get a home daycare started.. daycare cost more than i make in a month ,
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My husband and I had a great experience going through Financial Peace University about two years ago. It is a Christian based program, but it gives some great advise on personal finances. www.daveramsey.com/fpu
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 11:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2011