Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happens if you get married in Mexico?

Are you considered married here, do you have to do anything to legally change your name?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • if you are saying you want to have you wedding in Mexico then you can do all of the paper work here and just go there and get married.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

  • No you're not. You are legally married in Mexico but a Mexican marriage license isn't "kosher" here. So if you are planning a wedding in Mexico get your paper work done before hand in the States OR have a quicky monday morning free courthouse wedding and have a beautiful ceremony in Mexico. When you go to get a license at the court house they can answer all your questions.


    Answer by kfroz0415 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

  • No, you still have to get legally married here.

    Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.