i have all my baby cloth new,some ppl wash them be4 baby use them..what do you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• What are you asking?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Definitely wash the clothes before you put them on your baby. A baby's skin is so sensitive and new clothing is chalk full of chemicals when shipped. If you can smell the clothing and it doesn't smell like laundry detergent make sure you wash it. The last thing you want is a newborn with a severe skin rash because of the chemicals stored in new clothing.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 5:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You need to wash them before your baby wears them, because their skin is super sensitive, and the dyes in the clothes can really irritate their skin.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• yea what they said, and the fact that other people with tons of germs have touched those clothes while in the stores.. it's always better to wash it, because you dont know who touched it before you
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Wash them with baby detergent before the baby wears them. (Same reasons as other replies)
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• wash them with baby detergent or at least mild detergent!! the baby could get a rash there are a lot of chemicals in new clothes!!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• you should def. wash them before you use them... a babys skin is very sensitve.

My daughters skin "changed" when she turned 1.
    And now at 17 1/2 months its not as sensitive anymore. So when we now go and buy her a pair of pants then i usually dont have to wash them... underwear ect. i still wash before use of course.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I always wash everything we buy, before using it, whether baby clothing or regular clothing! All of my family have super-sensitive skin and the amount of sizing and other chemicals on new clothing can make us really uncomfortable.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 6:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Yes you need to wash them. Babies have very sensitive skin....
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• DEFINITELY WASH THEM! My little boy had a severe reaction to the dye in a pair of pj's that we bought and put on him when we were away from home. Also, I highly recommend double rinsing to get the dye off them.
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 8:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2008