• In the Spotlight:

I have two daughters, one three and one ten months. The other day I was keeping my nephew for my brother and his wife. When I was changing him my three year old wanted to know why he has a "worm". LOL How in the world do I explain that one?

blessedmom0508

Asked by blessedmom0508 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would just tell your DD that he is a boy and that's what boys have . Simple.

Answer by louise2 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Its a good time to discuss the differences between girls and boys, and good touch bad touch. Take it as an educational opportunity!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• You tell him to ask his mother! :D
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My 3.5 yr old dd thinks my grandson (her nephew) whose 2 is deformed no matter what we tell her. We told her he has a penis and she doesnt and thats just what all boys have instead of vaginas which is what she has. She still doesnt believe us though.

Answer by gemgem at 5:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Austinsmom, I think you read wrong. Her three year old daughter wants to know why her cousin has a "worm". She IS asking her mother, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I agree with Louise. I think that is the best course of action. And then while you are on the subject, you can start with the "private" parts talk.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Sorry! :o) I agree with Louise2, keep it age apropriate and tell her that it's what makes him a boy and what she has makes her a girl. GL ;O) Sorry for the misread.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Tell her that it is his penis!
    Anonymous