Continued education question

do the CE's that you do every year or so to keep a certification, do those actually count toward any real college credit?
I'd like to take a few college classes, but I don't want to have to go through all the testing and stuff. I don't want to have to take math, reading, etc. Just to take a few medical classes, muchless have to pay for all the extra classes.
SO, does anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• What are you certified in?? I think classes only count toward a degree if you are matriculated. But, I think you can still take the classes if you need them for CEU's and the org. that over sees your cert will accept them. Check with who ever you are certified thru and the college admissions office where you are looking to take the classes to be sure.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• oh ya, I got the certification by reading a book and workbook, then taking the State Exam. I never a class.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'm certified as a Pharmacy Technician in Texas. I want to take a few classes at the community college. But I do not want to become a pharmacist, 7 yrs of full time school. NOPE! I need to do 20 more credit hours this month, so I was wonding if it counted twards anything else.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• you'd have to speak to admissions for sure... sorry. They may even have some online CEU opportunities. Good Luck ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• i always get all the CE's from a company on-line, I have those lined up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If you aren't going for a degree and the classes you want to take don't have pre-reqs that need to be completed first, you should just be able to take them. I've never had any of my CE's count toward my college credits.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2011