Is there anything else i can take..?

i just found out im pregnant. i think im about 2months and i tried the store bought prenatal vitamins but i cant swallow them. so i heard you can take the flinestone gummies and so i bought some. i just found the smell of them makes me really sick. ive tried plugging my nose but i still end up making a break for the bathroom to puke. is there anything else i can take until i can see my doctor? or any ways i can get the gummies down with out puking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Be careful which vitamins you are taking. Not all vitamins are safe for the pregnancy. Try eating some crackers or toast. Then wait about 30mins then try to take your vitamins. If you take your vitamins too soon after eating light you could end up in the bathroom again and lose your breakfast. Take your vitamins at night if morning is too rough. As long as your healthy, drinking plenty of water, and plenty of milk, you should be fine. I wasn't able to take my vitamins after the 4th week. My Dr. told me, just stay away from the not so good things. I just steared clear of sugar, salt (salt can cause unhealthy weight, problems with the preg.,etc.),alcohol, white rice, and fish and tuna. I also limited my eggs to 2times a week. No lemons either. Eat plenty of dark greens and sub brown rice for white rice.
    skittlesmommy

Answer by skittlesmommy at 2:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I did "One A Days", and added in DHA and Omega

Maybe a chaser? Like after you do it quickly pop in some chocolate chips? It is how I've been getting my youngest to take the cough syrup tasting stuff his doctor gave him these days
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Try the flinstones chewables instead of gummies, might not smell as bad.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• you can try the chewables rather than gummies.. but take two a day not one.. or one a days are good too..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2011