What do I wear to an October wedding?

Our niece is getting married October 1st. It is a church wedding. I would like to get a dress. I know black is out as is white. So what about a print or solid color? And what length? And where are the best places for plus sized dresses? I am a size 18 so I cannot go into Target and buy what they have.

Mamaford2

Asked by Mamaford2 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• a nice autumn print or a pretty fall color would be good. as for length, it depends....if where you are your fall is on the colder side then longer but if not, where the length you feel most comfortable in.....I am a plus size as well and there are online catalogs for plus size women or try Lane Bryant or Catherine's Dress Barn. hope that helped.
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• go for more autumn colors.. browns and oranges (but not neon orange).. like fall like colors..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Peachy
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• coral might be nice as would a light green
    off white could work too :)
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Thank you, Ladies, for your input. Sad to say I haven't been to a wedding in 10 years so I am out of the loop for attire. I appreciate it very much. I asked my husband about what to wear before I posted on here and got an "I don't care" look from him. LOL I want to look nice though. Who knows when the next wedding will take place. Everyone else I know are in long term but unmarried relationships, whixh is fine. Just miss going to weddings.
    Mamaford2

Comment by Mamaford2 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I was married in November and just asked my family to wear fall colors.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 7:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011