(only for moms in sckool) how do you get it all done...

wow...cleaning, summer activities w the fam, movie night w your GF's, classwork.. so many posts a week if you do online classes, homework, research. how do you do it. i'm a online student and doing crappy.

dancingthrulife

Asked by dancingthrulife at 11:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2011 in

• I don't do it all. I delegate some things to my husband (like dishes). One good thing about my school is that we are required to submit a time management plan every week. I find it helpful to have my time planned out and know when I'm supposed to be doing what. However, I am currently dealing with a suicidal laptop (my hard drive crashed; although I was able to revive it, I've been told it's on its last legs) and that has cut into my study time. Right now I'm trying to catch up. Also, I don't have a job outside the home. That gives me more time. There are other mothers that DO work and go to school, and I salute them.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I am not doing online classes, but I normally take 10-12 credit hours at campus, math and science classes mostly, I am an Electrical Engineering major, and working full time. The most important thing is to learn time management and decide what things are important and what things can wait. I normally do my school work after my son is in bed, on the weekends before he wakes up, and during my lunch breaks. Look into getting help depending on how old your children are they can have increasing responsibility for their own rooms and laundry. Try getting with your girlfriends and doing meal shares that way one or two nights a week all you have to do is heat up dinner instead of prepping and cooking.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I just graduated but I will share how I did it!
    I did everything Culinary school, cleaning, cooking, taking care of a toddler, and I was pregnant! Thank God for my grandma though! She watched my son while I was in school for free and gave me dinner before I went home! Didn't have home work much just sometimes study for a test and I had one report to do. My husband had an out of town job so he was only home on the weekends too.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Its all about time management and alot of support but just managing the time you have with what you have to do. so for example i had had classes on campus and online. there were tests and posts do for different classes but i would always see what i had time for. i did a little of each class everyday. when my little one was sleeping and in btween classes ect. ofcourse i would also have to have her sleep over my parents sometimes so i could get some major studying done especially during exams. but if you do not have that support team up with some moms you know and ask if she can watch you child for 2hours to get some hard core studying done. its not impossible. .its possible. my first smester i had quit my job and i was doing a math class online. the hardest thing i ever did. i would spend at lest 8hours a day doing just math. good luck and it can be done!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 12:13 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Just curious, OP, what's your course of study?
    tinamatt

• just have to juggle it all and do what you can when you can
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:53 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• You do what you can. You have to multitask and accept from time to time you may not have the cleanest house in the world. It is all about time management really.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2011