If your water broke...

before 37 weeks and your dr wanted to keep the baby in for a few days would you go for that or would you want to get the baby out?

My water broke at 34wk and 3 days and they kept him in me for 3 days after. If i would have known then that they can get infections doing that I wouldnt have let them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• HELLO it's your doctor's decision. Do you really think your doctor would put you at unnecessary risk? There is a reason why they go to years of medical school and residency... they are the experts, not the patient. They obviously kept him in for a good reason. Ask why. You have a right to know why you are receiving a certain treatment but don't act like you know better than the doctor!!
    Anonymous

• Usually you have to stay in the hospital when the water breaks.. because of what you've heard = infections!

Of course they can keep the baby in you for a few days when your water broke.. BUT always have to stay in the hospital and baby is on heartbeat machine and ultrasound all the time.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I didnt say I did. I was just asking a ? GO somewhere with your crap ok.
    Anonymous

• first poster, she wasn't saying she knew more than her dr, she was asking a question, which i kinda thought that is how we learn, and no it's not her dr decision, its hers
    a patient ALWAYS has the last word in what does or does not happen in the course of treatment
    the drs just make recmondations

OP, i thought you could get infections as well, ask your dr, i'm sure he'll be glad to explain
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 6:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2008