Are there any moms here who were foster kids?

Just wondering how many moms on here were also foster kids.

How did being in foster care influence your perspective of the child protection system?

Please answer anon if you do not feel comfortable answering with your screen name, I understand that this is a delicate subject.

daughteroftruth

Asked by daughteroftruth at 12:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i am not a foster child but i like to help the kids i have always help raise other kids an its an enjoyment my family is always taken in new kids that mothers or father dont care for it so said that they will pay u to watch them for like over a week. my aunt had one mother that said her take my kid an adopt her. an at one time she left her with my aunt for 2 weeks didnt go see her didnt call to see how she is nothing an the babys is 5 months old an my aunt has helped take care of her sence she was a baby an my aunt is reaching 50
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 12:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yeah, i was a foster kid....what do i think of CPS....to be polite, they are a joke and a bad one at that.....they took me from a bad situtation to a worse one....i pay everyday for their help. I have seizures due to a foster father trying to rape me and then beating me in the head with a baseball bat and put me in a coma for 6 months....CPS told my parents i just didn't want to see them, while i was in a coma, instead of the truth. the foster father and mother lost their license to be foster parents for 3 month and when they got it back, they were only allowed to keep babies and no older kids......the foster family don't feed you and they make you earn your place to sleep, if they let you sleep....Cps doesn't check on the foster families like they claim to and the file fake reports to say they did.....they lied, cheat and steal and abuse more kids than help. take good kids away from good families for the bonus money they get.
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I had to live in foster homes during a custody battle. I was 5 and had to sleep in a crib and got beat with a wooden spoon on a regular basis. I don't know what I think about the system. The second foster parent was named Mrs. Green and she was wonderful.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• sothernlady,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Mine was completely opposite. Can I ask you where you were? I've always wondered if demographics impact the state of the local cps.
    daughteroftruth

Comment by daughteroftruth (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I was 11 and my sister was 2. Luckily they kept us together. Even though that meant we had to sleep in the same bed. In a room with a 5 year old and a 6 year old. I was mad because I had to sleep there and there was another room that had older girls (ages 9-13) and I wanted to sleep there. You know, tween stuff. The foster mom had a 17 year old grandson who touched me down there. I never told anyone because I thought it was my fault. I hated every second there. I didn't have any feelings about CPS but I was very angry at my mom because I knew it was her fault we were there; she was arrested. We were there only a few months and luckily my sister has no memory of it. My mom never talks about it either. The foster family was Black Israelite and part of the reason I became Jewish, though.
    Anonymous

• I was in foster care for 1 month ( transition from a girls home for discipline to my home) and I had afl foster parents, I slept in he basment with no het, their kids got mcdonalds, and we got hotdogs, they put us down....etc. I think the whole system is a joke!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• We fostered for a while. It was traumatic for everyone involved. The CPS ought to be ashamed of themselves in so many ways.

I would highly recommend families wait until their own children are grown before opening their homes to Foster. PLEASE
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 1:57 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• A caseworker on a power trip is a Very dangerous thing....
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 1:58 AM on Jul. 13, 2011