Arbonne,BeautiControl Or MaryKay?

Need advice ladies on best company to join to sell spa/beauty type items? husband is deployed so now I'm looking into which business to start and I'm having a hard time choosing out of the 3. I know ladies who have had luck with all 3. Any one have experience with any?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• Go to pinktruth.com for mary kay. Arbonne and beauticontrol are saturated from what I have been told. I don't think I can really help because all of those were the first ones off my list. You need to be asking your friends which ones they would buy, because if they won't by it, you will have even a harder time selling to strangers. The things I look at are... 1) if everyone and their mother sells it, then it means everyone and their mother already know someone that sells it and your SOL. 2) prices have to be decent. 3) Is it a product YOU love and one that people will die to have. Such as, I show a person a catalog and they are already addicted. So do NOT just jump into a home business. Take any business name and do a search on it like Mary Kay Scam or so forth. It doesn't mean its a scam but you will find all the negative from former consultants.

ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 2:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• While I have never sold any of those, I like the marykay better. And I have tried each of them.
    ashlet01

Answer by ashlet01 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Yeah; I know none are scams and you get out of it what you put into it;its just nice hearing others opinions.thanks sooo much ladies.any more ladies?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I would definitely choose Arbonne. The integrity of the company is unbelievable and we are DEFINITELY NOT saturated. In fact, it is still so ground floor. The products we have are very diversified, so you are not limited to only women, only skin care and make-up. We offer complete lines for babies, men, skin care, cosmetics, nutrition, weight loss and spa products. Arbonne has something for everyone. Our products are botanically based and are vegan certified. It's exactly what people are looking for. The business plan is structured very well that allows consultants to succeed exponentially. I am not sure if you have a sponsor in mind for Arbonne, but my team is amazing and always have training and conference calls to help with your business. In addition, the company's free training on the web site are amazing and won awards with the DSA. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Best wishes.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 10:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Ask some questions about each company: What is your initial investment? What kind of ongoing expense can you expect? What are your minimum sales requirements monthly? What is your target audience? Is the company a DSA member? What kind of training and support will you receive? How often are new products introduced? Will you be required to purchase samples or can you earn them? Why is this product different from the others? Is that difference important to you?

I would also do some searching on Google to find opinions on the three businesses beyond the company and the consultant trying to recruit you (who wants to make the business look as good as possible).

Good luck with your decision!
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 11:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Wasn't Arbonne started in 1980?
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 11:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Jordan Essentials. American based. American made products. No fillers, No mineral oil, DEA, SLS, parabens. Best stuff out there.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh and OP, it's not just about how much you put into it. The market and prices play a huge part. I worked more than full time with herbalife and still didn't make much, less than 500 in a year. The prices were expensive, you couldn't recruit, and just overall saturated. So there are many things to consider. If the business isn't good, no matter how hard you try, it won't succeed. That is why people say to really look into the business. Also to ask former consultants and people not consultants. Those in the business are trying to recruit which is why I refuse to join any business that is cult like or saturated. I did it with herbalife and hated it. Find an honest sponsor, one that will tell you the good and bad.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 1:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Honestly, None of the above..and not b/c i dont nevessarily like or dislike any of them..BUT I AGREE the market IS ABSOLUTELY saturated with them, I can tell you I already have 3 friends for each of them ...

Personally, I went with a business I could DEFINITELY make my money back, get paid well and we have ZERO products to peddle, party, deliver...I do well enough to stay home make a FT income and only work PT.

Msg me for just some info or to shoot ideas.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• How big is your network (how many potential customers do you have?)? How are your sales skills? Which products do you truly believe in?

Answer by rkoloms at 2:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011