I ripped during delivery adult content

i ripper inside out with my first baby an was woundering what r my chances or ripping in the same spot again or in a different spot. i dont want them to cut me like they did my sis they cut her from one hole to the other i just dont think that clean. so i dont want to be cut.

BOOKER123ABC

Asked by BOOKER123ABC at 12:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• that is not true linda. you're more prone to greater tearing if you get the episiotomy. please read the article in the link http://www.babycenter.com/0_episiotomy_165.bc
    mami2emily

Answer by mami2emily at 12:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• thanks
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I was cut with my 1st 2 boys and not with my last and I didn't tear at all.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i read it an agree with it but i still feel pain where i first got ripped an can feel the line where i was stiched up an some people have told me that its not normal but doc says it is every time i ask.
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I tore naturally with my 7lb 13 oz dd and healed right away and have never had discomfort. With my son i didnt tear at all and he was 8 lbs 7oz. Why dont you ask a different doctor about it? It may be that your stitches weren't taken out properly
    mami2emily

Answer by mami2emily at 12:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• they gave me the stiches that deslove away an it hurts to have sex only when he hits it or hits it where its on the outside a little bit. i have talked to a lot of people an they dont have this problem so i dont understand y i do. an my first was 8lbs 10oz they belive this one is 7lbs 2oz
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• They can rub mineral oil on your perineum (ask them to do this!!) while yoire pushing. It helps stretch it out to prevent tearing (not 100% effective, but greatly reduces the risk). Few docs do episiotomies routinely, because the healing is worse than if you tear. They used to do it because it's easier to sew up. Ask your OB about their episiotomy rate and under what circumstances they will perform one. You should also write up a birth plan stating you'd like to avoid an episiotomy if possible, and that you'd like the mineral oil rubbed on the perineum (the area between your vagina and your anus) while you push. Hopefully thing will go more smoothly this time! IF you DO tear, there's a good chance it would be along the same line where you tore last time. If it's been a few years, the risk is lower.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• ya its been 4 yrs almost
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Cut is better than a rip tho so if I had to chose id choose to cut they had to cut me a little and it healed up perfectly. but i am not sure if you would rip again i think it is likely you will but not too sure....good luck
    Linda_PF

Answer by Linda_PF at 12:19 AM on Jul. 2, 2011