how to help my 7 month old sleep through the night

help my baby sleep through the night

Sydneysmomma05

Asked by Sydneysmomma05 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a warm bottle befor bed that always nocks my lil one out...well when she was little anyways lol.But some nights i still do it when she has trouble sleeping.Or giving him a lil food to get his tummy full hope this helps
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• At about 5 1/2 6 months i started letting him cry himself to sleep and when he woke up cry himself to sleep, and after time, if he woke up, he would just go back to sleep. but i never let him cry more than 30 min. if he did, i would get him a bottle and put him back to bed, but that rarley happened. but if you keep tending to him every time he cry's he will know that if he cry's you're comming. at least that's what worked for me, and i know some mom's can't let there baby cry. i know it was sooo hard for me, but my husband was there to hold me back from getting him. haha
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• put him to bed and wait 15 min and see if he stops crying and goes to sleep. Try playing soft music, or singing to him etc.
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My son is 4 months and is sleeping through the nite! All I do is give him a nice warm bath then I feed him a veggie and and fruit with just a little bit of cereal in it and I give him a bottle! and his little belly is full and he useualy goes right to sleep sometimes he fights it and I may have to rock him or pat his butt! another thing is make sure he isn't sleeping alot throughout the day my son only takes about a 2 hour nap throughout the day! I try keeping him up and I read and play with him!
    krzymommyroo

Answer by krzymommyroo at 1:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My Granddaughter is 7 months too, I found that she is usually hungry so I feed her some food and then a bottle and if the weather is warm then a quick bath and she is out for the night.
    MamaDebbie209

Answer by MamaDebbie209 at 2:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Ask your doctor if your baby can have baby oatmeal or rice cereal in his/her bottle. Maybe they are waking up because they are hungry.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 2:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i swear by the no cry sleep solution:
    http://www.pantley.com/index.html
    which suggests a lot of the things suggested here already....great book...helped us within a couple weeks...
    and please avoid any suggestions that may come up from people using "Babywise" until you have checked out this site: http://www.ezzo.info/
    his "method" always comes up when people are looking for help getting their little ones to sleep
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 5:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2008