Maybe TMI: but how much do YOU usually bleed during your period?

I'm on day 6, with at least 4 or 5 heavy pads a day. I am just so tired of it affecting a week out of every month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• I know how you feel, I'm actually glad i'm pregnant now! mine are like 8 days with RIDICULOUS amounts of blood :| urgh.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 5:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• 5 days...first is pretty heavy (I change my tampon about every 4 hours), next 2 are "regular", and last 2 are really light (just wear panty-liners)
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 5:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I had the same problem for a really long time until i got tired of it and talked to my OB.. i had to get a different bc pill.. now its better :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Fairly light. The first day is the heaviest, like one tampon every four hours and then I could use panty liners the other four days.

When I was a teen though, I bled so hard that I would wear my sisters baby diapers, use a tampon and have to change them every half hour. It was so bad that I could sit on a toilet and it would come out of me like urine non-stop. My mom told me it was normal so I went through three years of my teen life so anemic that I had NO energy and wearing baby diapers along with a tampon! One day it just stopped, thank god.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 6:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Mine lasts about 4 days. The first is heaviest, but not really too bad. I change my tampon maybe every 6 hours and wear a tampon to bed. Day 2, maybe 3 tampons during the day and maybe a tampon at night, depending on how soaked the last one was. Day 3 maybe 1 or 2 tampons max and none at night. Day 4, if I even bleed at all that day, I put it one tampon in the morning and take it out a few hours later and that's it. Last month, after I thought my period was over about day 6 after it started, I spotted a bit. That was strange for me.
    I guess I'm lucky I don't bleed heavily. Original Poster: talk to your doc, there maybe something you can do like b/c pills or Depo.
    Anonymous

• 3 days. first day is pretty bad, 2&3 are really light.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have one heavy-ish day and a couple of light days. No biggie.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2008