HOW DO YOU HANDLE ADULT ANXIETY?

DaddysGirl523

Asked by DaddysGirl523 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• Anti anxiety meds lol. No, I used to be on a lot of meds but now I don't take anything-I do bitch a lot to mu husband and he listens.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:26 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Adult anxiety? As in being an adult who feels anxiety or your kids felling anxiety around adults? I get anxiety a lot but i just take a lot of deep breathes or force myself to get out of the house and around people...
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• From what I understand their are several forms of anxiety and they are all dealt with differently. Anxiety + Depression caused by verbal abuse at a young age is most common. Does that sound like something you have?
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i adopted a slightly altered version of the world and started living in it a few years ago. it hasnt solved the real problem but it allows me to function.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 12:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I have really bad anxiety to where it keeps me up at night with racing thoughts. I have to take medication to sleep at night. It really sucks. If i wake up with anxiety it usually takes over most of my day. I worry about everything from work to things that have happened in the past ( like 5 years ago). Since i have started taking anti-depressants it has been better. Anxiety was really starting to take over my life. I wish i could do it without medicine but its not an option at this time.
    vsweeney

Answer by vsweeney at 3:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• it's still very hard for me to control panic attacks but if i feel one coming on, i'll try to either remove myself from the situation or try to take deep breaths (which doesn't kill it but usually it at least weakens the intensity of the panic attack)
    fuzzyblumpkin

Answer by fuzzyblumpkin at 9:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• A cup of tea and a sugar cookie...a few quite minutes alone in my room meditating.
    Hubbys

Answer by Hubbys at 5:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2011