Is this normal?

ill be 27 wks this sunday and im havign what i think are braxton hicks but i cant remember frommy frist pregnancy so ladies tell me what you think....

i have felt so out of breath today and tired, there is some light contractions for sure that i have been able to put my hand on, but i have felt like a painful pressure in the groin area,all the way down my legs. i drank some water, even applied a warm rice sock and then got into the hot bath and that seemed to help some but is that normal?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That what mine felt like. I do not remember feeling the pain in my legs though.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Sounds like sciatic nerve pain, and Braxton Hicks contractions.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• The baby is sitting on a nerve causing the pain to go through all the way to your legs. My daughter did the same to me when I was pregnant with her. If you massage your legs while in a warm or just massage them while lying on your bed it should help to ease the pain. if your legs start to swell make sure your not over drinking on water. Drinking a lot of water while pregnant is great but can also cause swelling. My Dr. told me there is a difference between hydrating and retaining water. Make sure the bath water isn't too hot! As for the contractions trying put the rice sock next to your belly while lying on a side. Don't put the sock touching you bare. You don't want to increase the temp. of the fetus. Just a layer or two b/w your bump and the rice sock. Make sure the rice sock isn't too hot to begin with either.
    skittlesmommy

Answer by skittlesmommy at 1:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Sounds like a couple of different pregnancy joys, nothing that I would worry about.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:09 AM on Jul. 2, 2011