Lying family

My sister and grandmom have big problems!!! They are both liars. They "embellish" the truth to make it sound better constantly.
Their favorite is that my husband abuses me. I have had their friends come up to me and with pity in their voice ask me "How are you really?"
I am fine. My husband has NEVER laid a hand on me. But because he is Middle eastern they think its ok to spread this lie.
Recently I asked my sister if her friend (who is looking for a job) could watch my daughter during the day and I would pay her so I could work. She said Yes. Then calls up my whole family and tells them "She is letting the baby stay at this persons house and they smoke pot there!!!" How am I supposed to know, she should have told me! Its her friend. Why did she go tell everyone but me, just to make me seem I am a bad mom!!!
I am tired of this sneaky lying crap! What would you do in my situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• I recently disowned my grandma for this.
    It all started when she stole my identity and I sued her. I'm not going to let ANYONE get away wit that, sorry.
    Then out of no where, Jeff beats me, my baby isn't his, ect.
    Sad when it's coming from family.
    I simply just put them out of my life, no one needs that, from anyone.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have been in your situation and I just walked away. They may be family, but sometimes that's not enough. When they start effecting your life with their lies, it's not worth it. I went years trying to make things better, but the people have to want to change and those who lie so openly, don't usually want to change.
    Anonymous

• My cousin is like this. When I got pregnant with my 2nd baby, she went aorund telling everyone that I was a sorry person for getting pregnant again b/c I can't take care of the child I have and blah blah blah. She said my DH was cheating on me and I was cheating on him and made up all kinds of ridiculous crap. About a month later we found out she had been having an affair and was leaving her child with anyone so she could get drunk and smoke pot. Whatever...

Just remeber that being a pathological liar is a real mental illness, and sometimes they can't help it. It also becomes a habit, like biting your nails. Soemtimes you don't even realize you're doing it. I'm not condoning her behavior at all, b/c it's still wrong and she needs to either get help or get her a** beat. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• When my grandmother was alive she always told everyone that my DH didn't work. He's had a job since we were 18 (actually he's had one since he was 15!) She would make snide remarks about him and it drove me crazy because it was his money that was burying extra groceries for her and he'd come up on his days off and fix things for her (broken boards etc). When he and I first got married she told everyone he only married me because I was pregnant! (wasn't, didn't get pregnant until after 9 years of marriage! :D) It was awful, my mother has her tendencies as well. when I call my aunt she says things about us and I just wonder what has been said. It's really frustrating!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2008