so many poor families :(((

Every day when i read questions on here there are at least 2-4 women on here who are posting a question and say that they cant afford food, bills and other stuff. And then at least 3 other women answer that they have the same problem. I know the economy is totally f**ked right now. But i was wondering are there actually families who dont have those problems? Any wealthy people on here too?

We are not rich, nor poor. We are doing ok. Of course we cant afford new and fancy things every month and we have to save up money if we want to buy something. But we always have food and the bills are always paid.

- just curious -

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• m.robertson811 our family is just like yours. We are not struggling, our bills are paid, we have food and, if we want to make a big purchase we save up for it.

I am on short term disability due to pregnancy complications and have been since August so I am only bringing home 70% of my usual pay. He does work full time but neither of us have high paying jobs. We do alright.

We just make sure that we live well below or means. We need to make sure that we can survive off of only one income... just in case. We both drive older cars that are paid off and make sure that they are in tip top shape. If we need to buy a new vehicle for any reason we have made provisions to make sure that we can make the payment.

I have been in the poor category and have been laid off from work for six months or more. I have learned from my past mistakes how to manage money
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 6:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• We're doing okay. Not exactly rich, but we can afford a pretty good Christmas this year. The bills are paid and we have food on the table.
    I know what it's like to struggle financially and my heart goes out to those who are doing that right now.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• We will have more after taxes. After all our debt is paid off, we'll have about 700$ a month to do whatever we want with. (we bought a house, had a baby) expensive!

so right now, eating ramen...next month, back to Outback!
    Anonymous

• My husband and I are doing ok but it's because we are staying with his parents. I'm sure that if we were on our own we'd be doing ok too. My husband's job Pays really well and we're smart about what we buy. We also have a savings so I'm sure things would be fine.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• We are very fortunate my husband has a good paying job and to replace him would cost the city much, much more, but it also means he’s pretty much always on call. Not that I’m complaining, I just didn’t want you to think everything was a bed of roses.
    I create our extra income, I work from home, but I think part of our blessing comes from giving. I have a website that gives away my girls out grown clothing and toys, I teach others how to create income from home, my husband helps every living soul who asks for help. I’m not bragging, but I believe what goes around comes around call it Karma or the Biblical 10 percent, but the more you help others the more you receive. And the more you fret and worry about money the less you have. I don’t’ know why, but I just know we will have enough at the end of the month and we always do.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• We make ends meet but aren't struggling majorly. I do work a home business and that helps pay for some extra's right now which is GREAT!!! My son does Karate and my daughter does Gymnastics and my home business pays for BOTH of them.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 9:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Thank god we are fine we are not rich but we are working on buying our second home and it will be paid of in five years yes we are fortunate ,but we worked hard my husband and I.We have a side business and we do very well thank god .
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• My husband and I both have very good jobs. The bills are paid, the kids are fed and no one does without. We are very fortunate in today's economy.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• You can help out your family by finding a way to work from home in your spare time. I only watch one TV program a week, and spend my time on the internet working. There are so many ways to generate residual income. But you do have to be willing to WORK! I do and make over $1000 a month in my spare time. Sometimes almost $2000. I am consistant!!!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 1:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2008