If you had PPD or PPP with your first

Did you have it with your other children? I'm especially curious if you had post partum psychosis because it was a big struggle for me last time. Did your's change any based on whether or not you were nursing? The hyper-vigilance and hallucinations didn't stop till I weaned my son and my milk supply went down so I'm wondering if anybody else's seemed to be linked to hormones?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• i had pp psychosis with my first and did not nurse her, i am nursing my second and haven't had the same problems but my situation is much different than it was with my first.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 12:54 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• What's different if it's not too personal?
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I had PPD with my second and third but not (that I can recall) with my first. All three were ebf. I think it had as much to do with circumstances as with anything else... with my second I had a high risk pregnancy and I think in many ways I struggled with the idea that she was safe and okay. I imagined terrible things happening to her (and to my older child) all the time. It was like I spent so many months scared that I couldn't come back down from it. And with my third, I think it was the fact that I had three young children, was stuck inside most of the time due to winter weather, and had very little help and didn't know a single other soul who was juggling three kids.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I had ppd for 8 months after I had my oldest. When I told my OB about it during my second pregnancy, she had me start taking B6. It was a huge help. If anything, I had more reason to be depressed after the birth of my second son because of my poor health and his time in the NICU, but I didn't even experience the baby blues.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i didn't have ppd/ppp with either childrens
    fuzzyblumpkin

Answer by fuzzyblumpkin at 9:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I had PPD with my son and it lasted almost 8 months to completely go away! I can't answer ur question very well just because I only have one child, but I think mine was due to the extreme stress I was under during my pregnancy! I developed Toxemia and had to be put on 3 months of bedrest! Not only was I super worried about if my son was going to be ok, but I was also very worried about our finances, since I could no longer contribute! I pray that when we decide to have another child that PPD stays FAR away!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2011