(only for ladies with mental issues) what is the biggest pain in the arse about having mental health/depression/bi polar etc for you and your kids or d/h

for me that i can't remember crap and my kids and me miss app. i cant juggle any thing. i can beery handle making a meal. :\ my kids suffer to cause i'm in my room online while they play out here. its not good. :{ they know they can come in at any point and ask me whatever they need to or just be with me. i leave my door open etc.
how about you? do you not clean? do you have dirty clothes to your ceilings to do and you just cant and your s/o finally gives up and does it. do your kids see your not doing well and walk all over you staying up to late, getting extra sweets after supper etc. cause they know you are ill to fight them? do your teens act up more??? NO JUDGMENT PLEZZE!

dancingthrulife

Asked by dancingthrulife at 12:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• I also feel really bad if DS sees me with a bandage on my arm or the cuts (i cut..never in front of anyone let alone him..but he sees the after effect). He kisses it and tells me he hopes the booboo feels better. But i hate that he knows, i dont want to set an example for him that this is ok..but sometimes i just cant stop myself from doing it.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 4:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I am BiPolar/ADHD/Anxiety/Depression/PTSD. My biggest thing is not giving him enough attention if i am depressed. I feel bad and then i get even more depressed. The thing i do the worst is when my anxiety/mania flares up i sometimes lash out at him. He can do the smalled little thing and i will blow up at him. then i get depressed because i feel like a crazy person. My ADHD works both ways..sometimes im very hyper and overly focused or other times i am just not interested and cant do anything. there have been times when DS will tell me hes hungry and i tell him not now..i dont know why, but i do. Its not that i am being lazy it just dosent interest me at the time, or i might not be hungry. I usually catch my self and apologize and then give him whatever he wants. or he will just say "MMMOOOMMMMMMMY IM HUNGRY" till i make him something. I take my meds and they really help but i dont always have them (cant afford ect..) CONT..
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 4:24 AM on Jul. 5, 2011