(only for ladies with mental issues) what is the biggest pain in the arse about having mental health/depression/bi polar etc for you and your kids or d/h

for me that i can't remember crap and my kids and me miss app. i cant juggle any thing. i can beery handle making a meal. :\ my kids suffer to cause i'm in my room online while they play out here. its not good. :{ they know they can come in at any point and ask me whatever they need to or just be with me. i leave my door open etc.
how about you? do you not clean? do you have dirty clothes to your ceilings to do and you just cant and your s/o finally gives up and does it. do your kids see your not doing well and walk all over you staying up to late, getting extra sweets after supper etc. cause they know you are ill to fight them? do your teens act up more??? NO JUDGMENT PLEZZE!

dancingthrulife

Asked by dancingthrulife at 12:50 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Health

• Usually every other day I just don't do much at all. Or I'll stay up late and really clean the house so the next day I can take it easy. I just saw the psychologist yesterday and she wanted to put me on Rispiderol I had no clue what it was but when I got home I did my research and I wont be taking it. I told DH that I wont substitute one problem with another one. So now I have to wait 2 months until her next appt to get a different Rx Or ask my PCP if he will give me Abilify instead. I do not have psychotic episodes or hear voices so I don't know why she gave me an anti-psychotic drug to start with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• sometimes they want you on meds that may help you even through the meds were not made for ur condition. call her and ask why!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dancingthrulife

Comment by dancingthrulife (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Sometimes my emotions and the intrusive thoughts are just too much and I have to lie down and sleep or else I am going to be miserable (and a bitch, or sobbing, or both). I guess the sleep gives my brain some "off time" and I "reset" and feel better after a nap, but of course it is usually not an option.

Also, a big PITA is when people are like "just get over it, your life isn't bad" but I don't believe it is in the first place...I'm just miserable with the realities of life sometimes, in an overwhelming way. "You need more to do, get a job or go back to school so you won't have so much free time to think!" You mean I need more to stress about, more public cries, more getting sick to my stomach every single day before going to school or work, more not even having fake happiness for my family because I used it all up trying not to lose my job/flunk out of school? There is no winning...and "normal" people don't get it.

ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 1:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I have PTSD, Recoccuring Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder. Some days I feel pretty good and get a lot done an other days I can barely get out of bed. A big pain in the ass with the Borderline is that one of the criteria I personally have is self harm so I am a scarred up mess from cutting on myslef and I have to deal with the stares and dirty looks on top of everything else. My husband and Kids are actually really great about it, before my last hospitalization my son was really stepping up and helping out as was my husband so I didn't have to feel as bad about spending most of my time in bed
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 2:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Before meds, I felt so spacey a lot of times. I also find it hard to get motivated, and my meds make it hard to sleep sometimes. I hate the looks I get from people that know, and that lots of people think I can "just suck it up" and get on with life. The stigma still associated with mental illness really sucks. I used to cut as well, but I don't have visible scars except on my stomach, and even those you can't really see because of pregnancy stretchmarks. When I finally broke down and went to the doctor, no one that knows me could believe it. Apparently I don't fit their mental image of 'crazy'. Not to mention the anxiety I still face every day- some days even staying home is not enough because I'm on edge that 'someone' may come knocking on my door. I can barely even face calling people, people I know and love and WANT to talk to. I hate the phone.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I have one diagnosed mental illness: Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I really hate getting anxiety for no reason over nothing. Nothing really causes it and sometimes, nothing helps. I hate getting obsessive thoughts and doing something stupid that I regret.
    Metal-head

Answer by Metal-head at 11:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I get violently ill with stress. If I overwork myself I'll be in bed for a week so I have to be really careful. Thankfully my SO and i go to school together so we're always home at the same time. He makes sure I rest a lot.

Also, Family and children's services investigated me once after I got home with my son. I didn't have postpartum but they thought my age meant they could anyways. Thanks to my anxiety I'm now paranoid that they'll come back and take him for no reason.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 11:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2011