How do I get my son to stop picking and eating his boogers?

My son keeps picking his nose and eating them. This is so disgusting. I can be telling him to stop and while I'm telling him to stop he does it again right there in front of me like I'm not even talking. Tried the people will make of you talk help ooh He is 6.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You poor thing! My six year old niece was a booger eater too. Last year I bought her a little science kit that had a microscope. It worked well enough for us to smear a little booger on one and she could see all the bacteria and tiny bugs in it.

She no longer ate her boogers, she was creeped out and disgusted. She also took my little $50 gift and became fascinated by science.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 6:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• If you find out let me know. My son picks them and then smears them on the wall by his bed. It's sooo gross.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have 2 sons, 3 & 5 that pick and eat. I have another son, 6 that wipes his on the floor!!!
    I have done everything from telling them they will be made fun of to telling them they would get worms coming outta their behinds. They do not care!!!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• What worked for my oldest was when he was about six, I told him that eating his boogers was like eating his poop, that both are excreted by the body as waste material. He was so grossed out he almost retched! It worked for him.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 1:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• inside everybodys nose lives a sharp tooth snail...stick your finger in.. he will bite off your nail
    stick it farther in and he will bite your ring off...
    stick it all the way and he'll bite the whole darn thing off.
    Poem from Where the Sidewalk Ends
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2008