Non-asprin

It's what I bought at Walgreens the other day literally it's labeled non-asprin,they have two versions ibprofen and acetominophen.

Does anybody else find this just a little silly that it's not labeled Ibprofen or acetominophen or even child's pain relief but non-asprin?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 1:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Interesting. I agree that does sound silly. Aren't we confused enough with all of the other product labels as it is?!?

I'm a Mom helping Moms work at home. Ask me how :0)
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 1:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• No, I don't think it's silly. Ibuprofen is actually related to aspirin (People highly allergic to asprin are often unable to take it, such as myself). A lot of people don't know that, and it's a really important fact, especially when medicating a child.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 6:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Ibuprofen is Motrin and acetominophen is Tylenol, so yea, there is a difference, too much Tylenol will cause your liver to shut down.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It is a little strange, however they probably label it that way because aspirin given to a child under the age of 18 who has a virus or flu can lead to reyes syndrome. Everyone thinks that the chicken pox shot is given to protect their child from dying, but what actually happened is that there was a child in Florida who had the chicken pox. His mother gave him aspirin, causing reyes syndrome and he died from the reyes. I think doctors need to warn mothers about it instead of just suggesting Tylenol all the time. Going to the drug aisle and having just a few dollars in your pocket you compare Tylenol and aspirin and you're going to choose the aspirin if you don't know. It does the same thing, reduces fever, helps with pain, etc.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2011