Swinging?

Has any here active in swinging, and if you havent what do you think of it? Do you think that no matter how strong a relationship is swinging will still take a toll?

I personally have never done it, but i do know a couple that are active swingers they swear their relationship is stronger than ever, but I think in the long run it would it would ruin a couples relationship. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• We haven't done that and never will. We believe a marriage is between two people, very sacred and we respect each other. I do think it can complicate things later down the road.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I personally would not want my husband with someone else. I think that in the long run it would effect a relationship in some way.
    pams4

Answer by pams4 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• This goes against marriage in general.........I would not do it nor consider it. You and I never really know what a strong marriage means. Lots of them break up and we never know why, but are surprised.  I don't think I'd enjoy seeing my husband with another woman EVER and it is just taboo to me.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I couldn't judge other couples who do swing, but my husband and I personally would not be able to do it. I get jealous just thinking of him with his exes nevermind being with another woman now....i'd probably have to be checked into a psych ward for snapping lol. My husband has said it too, it would devastate him. When we said I do, we made a commitment to one another and we strongly believe in the "us vs the world"
    jmdupl

Answer by jmdupl at 6:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Swinging is out! You can not say you have a strong marriage if your ok with sharing each other with other people. That sounds like a weak marriage and its two people who what their cake and eat it to. The marriage bed is for two not 4!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I really think it depends on the couple. I have some friends who do that two from time to time... it didn't seem to bother them, but they don't get jealous much either. Obviously, you would have to have a very open and honest relationship with your SO, and make sure you were doing it for the right reasons. I don't know if I ever would or not...
    esr

Answer by esr at 6:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I've been with swinging couples, but never would want my SO and I to swing. I know for sure most swinging couples I've known are now divorced with emotional problems. I'm sure there are some regular couples out there that are strong enough to survive it, but I don't think its worth the risk...and I would be way too jealous.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• not on my to do list not now not EVER
    rachael596

Answer by rachael596 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2008