eBay

To those of you who have sold on eBay:
1. Do I need to have a set of postal scales?
2. Where do you store your items that are for sale?
3. What do I need to know about beginning to sell?

THANK YOU!!

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 11:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Money & Work

• No, you do not need a postal scale.. It's nice to have, but is not a neccessity... I stored stuff in my storeage room. aka, extra bedroom.... I first bought a book about selling on ebay for dummies.. However, go to ebay and read the forums.. especially the seller forum.. you will learn sooo much there. I stopped selling this year, because I have a full time job and don't have the time.. but it did seem like people weren't buying as much as they did the years past.. Be aware of scammers.. In your profile.. mark that you do not ship outside US or you will get all sorts of Nigerians... Trust, me people know all the tricks.. Oh and Do not accept returns or refunds.. Keeps you safe that way. Use Paypal... Answer all questions.. and read the forum about latest scams.. If you want more info, email me..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• 1 use auctiva.com
    look at a few auctions and go to the bottom of their page and look for auctiva link to sign up. its the best and cheap.
    2. just compare shipping totals already done on similar items and judge from there. you always want to profit a lil on the shipping. you can print shipping labels online if you buy scales.
    i store my stuff in a closet. I dont sell to often on there as much.
    let me know if you ever have any questions and I will help you out. auctiva has a video that will show you step by step how to list and item.
    in order to sell on ebay you have to set up a seller account too.
    Good luck
    080583heather

Answer by 080583heather at 11:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It is helpful to have a postal scale, so you don't lose money on shipping. I would just store them in a plastic tote box, wherever we had the space. I learned a ton from a friend who was selling. I would get a book on Ebay, and check the question and answer boards too...
    I would check out craigslist.com too, you can sell for free on there. Ebay has fees, a listing fee, and a final value fee.
    Good luck!
    Preciv

Answer by Preciv at 7:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I had a problem with that. Somehow, I don't know how, they have a preset. I bought something, had to pay the postage, when I got it, I was charged 5 bucks more than the shipment costs. that adds up quite a lot
    Anonymous