Baby modeling?

1st off don't even waste your time answering if your just gonna say why would you subject your kid to that. I just want to know if any moms know any secrets, tips, or ways to get your baby into modeling without paying scam web sites. I would never force a life long career on him or anything I just think he would be perfect for baby ads. I swear there is never a day that I don't take him out in public and have at least 1 or more people comment on how adorable he is.
I would greatly appreciate any help or info. Thank you!

sarah8910

Asked by sarah8910 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i actually posted a question similar to this yesterday..no one responded. I am putting DS in modeling. I found a highly reguarded and recomended agency in my area. I did my home work though. Check with the Better Business Bruero (spelling?) i also googled and read peoples responses. I have an appt on tuesday.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 1:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Unless you live close to New York City, its going to be hard. IF they ask you for money, forget them. You need a portfolio of head shots of the child and other shots as well. Contact a child agent and send a photo. If they like your son, they will contact you.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 1:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i have been trying everything on the website except paying the ones that charge, cause i know its a rip off. i'll look into that better business thing but how do i do that? thank you for responding.
    sarah8910

Comment by sarah8910 (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• well i live in CA not even to hours for LA so i thought it would be easy but its turning in to a major pain in the butt. i've been looking for agents and its just alot of endless chasing with no results.
    sarah8910

Comment by sarah8910 (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• go t o www.BBB.org type in you zip code and search for talent scouts/modeling & acting agencies. or by specific name. you what you are looking for isnt there because not all business are listed, just google the hell of of the prospectable agencies. see what their ratings are, pos/neg feed back from clients
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 1:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I have worked in this business and it's not *just* about being cute.

IMO, the requirements are not always fair, and now as a mom, in retrospect I feel it can be unethical.
    So I won't say "why would you want to do that?!" But having been around this a lot, I am really thinking it! lol
    You don't need to be in any metropolis, it might be easier if you aren't...
    But I encourage you to look into what it means to model the benefits, and see if it's truly worth it for you~

You don't need to pay for anything.
    If they really want your child then your baby's pictures will speak for themselves.
    How you obtain these pics is up to you. With this you might pay, or not.

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:53 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• all I can say is dont call interface...I just read about them in the newspaper. They scammed alot of people and they just keep moving around. They take money and then say sorry your baby did not get any work.
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 1:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Go online and look up the different major modeling agencies. Many of them have children's divisions and will tell you what kind of pictures to send. As doulala pointed out though, it takes more than just a "cute" face. As long as you go into it prepared for rejection, I say why not!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 2:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2011