Why is it so hard?

So my boyfriend/ soon to be husband is so so wonderful and understanding and the sweetest person ever. We have been trying to get pregnant for about two months now and I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative and I was just so so upset and when he finally got me to tell him that is why I was so upset and he just held me and told me to cry it out everything will be okay. I want to go to my Ob/Gyn but she's a older lady and very mean and does not help me at all. I want a doctor that will help me and be understanding and listen to me instead of telling me I don't need kids because I am young. (i have taken care of my sisters babies since they were born i know that i can have my own child and take care of it very well and my bf can to he helps me take care of them in Aug. one will me 2 and the other will be 1) I just want to know if there could be something wrong with me preventing me from getting pregnant. My bf said to me maybe you cant get pregnant because god wants us to wait until we can adopt your sisters kids and then have our own later on when we are settled. I am so so angry because how could so many bad parents have babies and I cant have one ? I don't understand and I really just need support from someone that has gone through this before. My bf does support me and told me that no matter what that he will love me the same. I love him with all my heart and i don't want to stress him out because he doesn't want me to stress out. How can i deal with not being able to have a baby now? Has this happened to any one else? How did you deal with this?

georgia423

Asked by georgia423 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have not had that problem, but have family who have. It's only been two months since you started trying, give it time. Don't stress it. And get a new Ob/gyn.
    armywife009

Answer by armywife009 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Two months is not long enough to determine that you have a problem. Even when you go to the doctor, depending on your age, he'll tell you to try for six months before even considering fertility treatments. I've been through the nighmare of infertility. I've had all those days that I was angry at God, at my body, at why someone who didn't even care for her children could just have them on a whim. I have been through it all. To be honest, no one could help me. People's comments of "just relax and it'll happen" or "maybe this cycle was not meant to be" or "it'll happen, just wait". I had to come to terms with the fact that it may never happen for me. As much as I wanted to experience pregnancy, it never happened for me. But, after 11 years of marriage, my beatiful miracle came into my life, through adoption. That's when I knew that this is what was meant to be. I've learned that I can't control every aspect of my life.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:42 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• If you need to talk and vent, I'm here. I wish you all the best. (((((HUGS)))))
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My first took 12 and a half months and we've been trying for 9 months now I'm kind of an old pro at this and I'm only 20. FYI most women take about 3 months to get pregnant but after the both doctors I went to for help cut me off a lot and all but called me an idiot for even thinking of getting pregnant as a newly married 18 year old I totally understand being a little scared to talk to your OB/GYN about it. I trust my doctor but after those women and many family members I'm scared to talk to him.
    I totally understand being depressed about negative tests I cried for over an hour after my last one. No it doesn't get easier but talking helps usually.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 2:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• with my first it took about 3 months to get pregnant and with my second because I had previously been on birth control it look longer, my doc told me it could take up to 6 months to start ovulating normally and it took almost a year to get pregnant
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 3:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I tried for almost 2 years to get pregnant. 2 months doesnt mean anything is wrong. Try not to stress so much. I understand its hard to stop thinking about it. When I was trying all I thought about what TTC and babies. It also felt like everyone around me was pregnant including my SIL who in my mind would not be a fit mother. Your time will come and for right now just be so thankful for the chance to be a part of your sisters children life.
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 1:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2011