How ca n I remove the calouses off my feet? adult content

I walk around barefooted most of the time. When I shower, and I am sitting in my shower chair, while I shampoo and condition my hair, I soak my feet in a pan with Epsom salts and some nice liquid soap. I have a pumice stone, but it does not take off much. I have a grater/rasp tool that I use on dry feet, and it seems to take off a lot of dead skin. Tonight I slathered on a thick coat of Shea butter on my feet and then put on clean socks. Is there anything I am missing? I fall over very easily, that is why I like to be barefooted, for balance. Let me know if you have any tips. Should I get a mini sander and sand away this thick skin? I purchased a calous remover, it is like razor blade that sheers off the dead skin, but the first time I used it, I cut my badly. A professional pedicure is not in the budget, I could check out the local beauty school.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 2:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Take a pair of old socks and put lotion all over your feet put the socks on and leave them on for a couple hours a night this will soften your feet.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I found that the lotions for severe dry skin works, just lather it on and put on socks like above said
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I have something that is basically like a cheese grater but for your feet I always used it on dry feet but I found that it takes off more of the caloused skin if you use it on feet that have been soaked, and the socks over lotioned feet works nice too, do that after you've gotten some of the dead skin off
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 2:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It sounds like you're doing just about everything you can. Just keep up with it and don't take off too much!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:36 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and purchased a mint scrub for the feet, and a dry pomice stone, and then some mint lotion and I found I nice pair of socks, nice and thick to keep them on all night. I hope it works, some of the harder callouses have been removed.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Keep using what you are using...sooner or later you will get them smooth, oh and put petroleum jelly on the very dry part then put some socks on it might take 3 tries before you see results maybe sooner ;) GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I purchased an inexpensive pair of slippers today. That way I will have protection on my feet, but I have a flat surface so I won't trip or fall over in mules. I have also made it a rule to wear my rain boots out in the yard when I am gardening, with socks on, and lots of lotion under the socks. The heat should make the lotion soak in. Thanks all. I will keep you updated.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• winkUPDATE:  I went to Sally's Beauty supply and purchased a pumice stone and a bottle of "Heel to Toe" brand mint scrub and mint lotion.  I have soaked my feet every day, rubbed them with the dry pumice stone, and then washed them with the mint scrub.  I make sure I apply the mint lotion at night and put on clean socks.  During the day, I use my Vaseline Intensive Care lotion and another pair of clean socks or just slippers.  I can see a massive improvement, thanks all.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011