If the wrong first day of the last period is given, what would be the outcome?

skittlesmommy

Asked by skittlesmommy at 2:45 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• an incorrect due date
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 2:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• A "due date" is just a mid-point within the due *month.*

Do you think you might be months off?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• your due date would be off
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• You estimated due date will in be inaccurate, but if your dr is anything like mine they go off the date on the dating scan at 12 weeks, not on LMP.
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 4:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Your due date would be off but generally corrected by your first ultra sound.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• They can tell your due date bt your ultra sound. Don't worry about it! It's just an estimate anyway.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Your due date will be off, but since they are never completely accurate anyway, it won't be a big deal. Sonograms and belly measurements will give a more accurate date later on.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:38 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Your due date would be different, but it isn't a big deal. And the ultrasounds they give telling people what date they are due is stupid because all babies grow different and if they had that actual weight/length they were supposed to be, if all babies were born on their due date they would all be the same weight/length. They are usually inaccurate too. But it's a good way to talk women into have c-sections that think they are going to have a 10 pound baby, only to find out it was only 7. It's no biggie, babies will get here when they are ready anyway.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It could indeed be a big deal, if you said the last period was significantly (weeks) earlier than it was and your baby happened to be on the large side. Your doctor may well think you are near your due date and schedule an induction, and your baby may technically still be premature and have complications. I had an issue and did not know my LMP, because I was on the pill and had had irregular bleeding. It bothered me and I wanted my doctors to help me figure out which one was "real" because 3 weeks is a big difference when we're talking about growing a baby.

Honestly, though, conception date and due date mean nothing, if you don't let science interfere too much. Our bodies have been baking babies to perfection since the beginning of humanity (and all other mammals as well!). A date on the calendar doesn't mean nearly as much to your body as the hormonal changes and natural processes that lead to birth.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 4:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh yeah, and the doctors didn't help, they told me to "pick one" even though my baby was in between those dates on his measurements, and they began pushing scheduled induction on me when I was only 34 weeks pregnant according to one possible LMP. I didn't have him until 42 weeks, according to that same LMP. I am very glad I didn't force him out 8 weeks earlier. Yikes.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 4:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2011