Christian sisters would you still have devotions/bible study with your teens even if they didnt want to?

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, but my girls all love studying with me. We learn a lot about God and eachother when we do.

Answer by mama04inID at 3:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't force it on them, practicing your faith should be enjoyable not a forced chore

Answer by DianeMary at 3:25 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Never. Practicing your faith should be something you want to do, never forced in to. The harder you push them towards it, the faster they will run away.

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:29 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Forcing religion on anyone, even children, is never advisable. It will only turn them off to your faith. REMEMBER the old saying : Anyone force against his will retains the same opinion still !

Answer by IndigoRose at 9:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't force it on them...whether we like it or not, we have no control over what our children choose to believe. The best thing to do in this situation is to continue to do bible study/devotion and offer them the OPTION of joining in. Meanwhile, pray...just pray...

Answer by soldierluvr0407 at 3:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yea, at least, i'd like to try!

Answer by HappyHmsklNapps at 9:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Why would you want to force them? Don't you want them to love your God because THEY want to? If you think making a teen go to church or do bible study will make them love or believe in God...I'm here to tell you, you are wrong. My parents tried SO HARD to make me keep loving and believing in God and guess what- it didn't work. I found out that other people believed differently than we did and took a mythology class and that was pretty much the end of that, but they kep trying, even with bribery and such to keep me going to church. My mom tstill ells me she prays for me and my family almost every time I talk to her (which is only a few times a year).

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:04 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• *that should say- my mom still tells me...

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2011