Showtime....I want my Dexter back.

My DH and I just started watching Dexter on Netflix and were only on epidode 7 and we were hooked. Went to watch it today and apparently Showtime has pulled licensing from Netflix because they are now seen as competition and people aren't paying for showtime anymore.

It makes me wonder does anyone even have cable anymore? We watch everything through the internet and just have basic, and I mean basic cable.

HollyBoBolly

Asked by HollyBoBolly at 4:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Entertainment

• Amen sister! Lucky for us we had already caught up on the Dexter seasons and we're just waiting for season 5 to be released on DVD here shortly... as for cable we have it bundled with our internet and when the contract is up we're going to get rid of it. We watch all our stuff on DVD. internet, or thru Netflix (xbox)....

...and I'm not 100% sure how he did it, but I'm pretty sure my husband just googled "free dexter season 5" and we watched the whole first episode! We haven't had time to continue on to the next episode, but cable is pretty much pointless now with all reality TV and the news is a waste because it's mostly inaccurate anyway (I work at a police dept, believe me, the news is NOT always right). Right now is baseball season though so I wouldn't be able to do away with that, lol!
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I want my Dexter and a few others. I knew about the licensing, but I didn't know the change had happened yet. Sad panda.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:31 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I don't watch dexter but the whole licensing thing is crap. Maybe if showtime had any good movies people would pay for it. We have it and seriously it is the same 10 movies on all the time. I wonder if they will pull any other shows from netflicks like weeds, or shameless, I hope not because when my promotional rate is up I am getting rid of showtime.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 2, 2011