Where in the Bible is homosexual marriage/union/relationships ACCEPTABLE in the sight of God?

can someone show me where in the Bible that it says that a homosexual ANYTHING is okay with God? and please, don't refer to the scriptures where it talks about God loving us all/hate the sin, love the sinner...etc. i just want more understanding as to why 'we' think this is okay?

HappyHmsklNapps

Asked by HappyHmsklNapps at 7:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• 1. Leviticus 18:22
    “Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.
    Leviticus 18:21-23 (in Context) Leviticus 18 (Whole Chapter)
    2. Leviticus 20:13
    “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.
    Leviticus 20:12-14 (in Context) Leviticus 20 (Whole Chapter)

kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:11 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• why do we focus so much on homosexuality? Yet we don't bother to condemn women who have sex on their periods, are on their second marriage....or was not a virgin before they wed?

Why so much focus on homosexuality while lots of Christians just ignore these other passages?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:05 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21
    If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.
    DEUTERONOMY 22:22
    If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.
    MARK 10:1-12
    Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.
    LEVITICUS 18:19
    The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.
    MARK 12:18-27
    If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:02 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• no one has to think it is ok with their religion
    but
    if you are referring to states setting up laws to protect rights of individuals-this is a different story and the Bible can not be referenced (or should not be) when speaking of laws or changing laws

no answer to your question of scripture-sorry
    all i have as
    Jesus was pretty tight friends with Mary Magdeline
    but if you are a religion that does not see Jesus as your example, even this thin example carries no water
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:30 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Just because Naomi was Ruth's mother in law, doesn't mean she couldn't have the hots for her...lol...

I personally don't believe the bible is fact/truth/ and all that. I love Jesus very much, i do believe he was the Messiah....but I also believe the bible has many flaws. I think it was tainted by the hands of man and i think too much of it is taken too literally.

"I am against pre-marital sex, adultery, and I find having sex on your period disgusting."

But why DON'T you Christians drag these out other sins? Do you think women who have sex before marriage should be stoned to death? It seems to me some Christians are so obsessed with trying to prove homosexuality is wrong, while ignoring other sins & deeming them as less sinful. Most of us don't believe that & there is nothing in your bible that can make us believe homosexuality is wrong...especially considering most of us believe is not the ultimate truth.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:17 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Ruth loved Naomi as Adam loved Eve.

The soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul ... And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments ... and his girdle. Jonathan ... delighted much in David.

David and Jonathan "kissed one another, and wept with one another" when they parted for the last time

"David loved Jonathan more than women"

What was the relationship between the centurion and his slave? Were they a gay couple? If so, Jesus didn't seem to mind.

"There are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb." Is Jesus talking about homosexuals here?

These are just examples of possible homosexual links in the bible.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• here's another

DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12
    If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Samurai- Naomi was Ruth's MIL...Ruth was married to Naomi's son. She later married another relative of Naomi's, who was another man. I will have to go re-read the story of Jonathan and David to get context of the passages, before I address them fully, but I will go ahead and take a guess that they were close friends. It is possible to love your friends/family passionately without it being sexual.

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 8:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I'd like to see a scripture that actually says it *isn't* - because when looking at the original language and context the Bible isn't talking about homosexuality as we know it, it's talking about pedophilia, rape, prostitution, and ritual sex.

I actually just wrote a blog post on this, going into the original language, and suggested a few sources as well, if anyone wants to look at it (it just explains this a lot better than I can do in the few character spaces we're alowed)....

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Ehhh who cares?? Find something better to do with your Saturday morning and worry about your own religion and sexuality. You'd probably feel a lot better....
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2011