Am I going to be a good mom?

Just scared i might not be able to give her everything and i only work for so little money and i just scared she not going to love me when she gets older:-(

MommysLittleBee

Asked by MommysLittleBee at 7:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• She will!!! don't worry everything will work out!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 7:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• My opinion~ Give her lots of LOVE and ATTENTION!! My husband always thinks he needs to give our son 'things' because he feels guilty about something or other and I don't think that's right at all. I guess I grew up different. Kids are more concerned whether you are spending time with them or not. They understand that at a young age. My son absolutely loves it when I'm playing with him, he thinks that is the best. She will love you no matter what. It's ALL about the 'things' they can't see (love, attention....) verses the things they can (new toys, clothes....) Kinds CRAVE love and attention
    HappySam

Answer by HappySam at 7:56 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Honey you're going to be fine! Happy sam hit the nail on the head. Just give her love. Love goes beyond what material possessions can do.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i agree with HappySam! we don't have a lot, but our kids know they are loved. yes, times get rough, but they know that while we run of 'things' our love for them is endless. i stay at home and my husband goes out and works to provide for 3 kids ranging in ages 9yrs to 6months, i don't bring in ANY money, we have debts...etc. but yet, we are at peace, God has allowed us to have someone work and someone stay home. we don't live a life of luxury, but we have peace, a place to stay, food in our bellies and the love of the Father...give that to your baby, and you'll do fine!
    HappyHmsklNapps

Answer by HappyHmsklNapps at 8:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• All you have to do is give her all your love and nurturing and she will love you forever.........

Answer by older at 9:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• material things DO NOT MATTER ...I don't remember the toys and clothes my parents got me.. I remember the love and the family time I got on the weekends and during the week during the summer going to my grandmoms house with my mom I LOVED IT. We didn't always have money for stuff.. but my parents did the best they could...and I understand that and appreciate that. they loved me and kept me safe.. that's all I could ever ask for :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:52 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Kids don't really care about stuff, they mostly just want their parents to love them and spend time w them. Hit up garage sales to help stretch your dollar further.

As fat as my kids ate concerned, getting clothes, toys and books second hand is our way of life- we don't usually buy anything new.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:28 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• It's not all about the money. As long as you are keeping a roof over her head, clothes on her back, and food in her stomach (with or without reasonable help) then you have provided the necessities. Beyond that, you need to make sure you shower her with love and affection. That is what really matters. A baby isn't going to know the difference between some Jordans and some Walmart shoes. But I promise you your baby will feel a difference if you aren't giving her the love and attention that she needs as well as deserves. Just do what you can financially, and make sure you be with her as much as possible to show her love :) Good luck. You will be fine.
    AngelBaby90

Answer by AngelBaby90 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• it isnt about the money if you get her what she needs and have a roof, food, and clothes for her you will be ok and she will love you and sense you are also asking this shows you care which is fine and this is normal to go through before having a baby i ask this kind of quesion before i had my daughter she will be a year this month and she is the happest little girl i have seen and right now its just my income which dont even pay the bills till my husband can fine another job so i understand the money thing i also found out im pregnant again which right now is scary if you would like someone to talk to im here

and just know you will be a good mom
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2011